Compare Story Land & Sea®’s Italy’s Great Cities Tour with other Italy tours.
Discover the differences of Story’s approach to Italy and others. Here are some talking points to get the conversation rolling. Remember, you can visit the site online at www.ItalyStory.com.
- Story Land & Sea® offers a True Small Group Tour experience with no more than 16 guests. While, other companies indicate a “small group” of 20-30 people, there is a HUGE difference between the traditional tour size of around 24 to 65 people versus our small group approach. Remember, our company’s small group tour is recognized by travel expert Arthur Frommer as “the perfect way to see Italy.”
- Portage: This is important to Story Land & Sea®: To have no concern or worry about hauling your luggage on and off the train, over the cobblestones and hills from the time you step out of the airport to your final morning in Rome!
- Farm to Table Dining with Story Land & Sea®: With Story Land & Sea®, dinner experience is at a local restaurant with no set menu and includes all food, wine, soft drinks, and customary gratuities. It’s off-the-beaten-path, where you’ll hear nothing but the Italian language: authentic!
- Tour Captain host with you with Story Land & Sea®: We have a Tour Captain that is with you the entire time to ensure your hotel check-ins and any problems that could come up throughout your trip are handled quickly and efficiently. And these are Story employees, personally trained by our founder, Mark Story. They are engaging, entertaining, and are the consummate host!
- No Hidden Fees: We include all City Taxes for hotels, Tips, and Admissions (which are not all included with other companies), and most meals!
- Centrally located versus Heart of City Hotels with Story Land & Sea®. We’re simply different from other tour companies who boast about their centrally located hotels. These are gigantic cities and you need to compare where your hotel is located versus a Story hotel. Otherwise you will have to shuttle, take a taxi or a water taxi / water-bus (in Venice) if you want to see sites on your own during your leisure time.
- Each day we have something planned for you. There is a great balance between planned and leisure time. We call it “Slow Travel.” Inspired by the Slow Food movement which began in Italy, Slow Travel to us means you enjoy an immersion into the culture in the morning with our sightseeing and then enjoy time to let it soak in while you explore independently in the afternoon. Each day is different and some days will feature all-day experiences.
- With Story Land & Sea®’s itinerary, you will enjoy both the great cities of Italy, as well as the Tuscan countryside as we venture to San Gimignano, our winery estate positioned perfectly, Cortona and Assisi.
- You won’t ever be on a large coach bus with Story Land & Sea®.
- Everything is 100% refundable up until 90 days prior to your trip. With most tour companies, you must make a non-refundable down payment.
Our guests have raved about our branded tours, and love that everything is included and done well. We take pride in making sure that your experience truly ‘leaves the herd behind.’ If you would like a budget trip to Italy, we can provide that as well. We do offer Savvy Affordable Tours online at www.savvybystory.com